forwarding tokens to other machine

assar@stacken.kth.se assar at stacken.kth.se
Sat Jul 31 06:41:54 CEST 1999

Herbert Huber <Herbert.Huber at lrz-muenchen.de> writes:
> However it seems that arla´s token structure is different from the
> token structure of the original AFS client.

Hm, as far as I know there should be nothing different in the
structure of the tokens.  Can you tell me exactly what's different?

> As consequece arla´s tokens cannot be extended, using undocumented
> function calls of Transarcs AFS libraries.

By extend here, do you mean as in adding other information or for
extending the lifetime of a current token?  I guess the second one.
What undocumented functions in the Transarc libraries did you use for
this?

> How can user tokens be extended without using Transarcs libraries
> and without giving any passwords in arla?

I'm curious as to how tokens can be extended with Transarc libraries?

To many understanding the only way of extending a token is to have the
secret key of the client or the server and actually fabricate a new
token (ticket really).  This can of course be done in several
different ways.

/assar