"tokens" script unusable

Assar Westerlund assar at stacken.kth.se
Sat Jul 31 06:34:53 CEST 1999

uri <uri at watson.ibm.com> writes:
> "tokens" script that comes with arla, sems to be 100% unusable.
> Because it relies on non-kerberos option "-tokens" which no
> standard "klist" recognizes.

That's because you need that non-standard functionality to be able to
see what tokens exist.  In other words, with `standard' kerberos
programs there's no way of fetching the tokens.

And as Love already has mentioned, Chris Wing contributed a tokens
programs that doesn't require this that's part of the current sources
and will be included in the next release.

> Please, don't make arla a part of kth-krb kit.

We try not to, but it's hard:

a. we need functionality that's not part of `standard' kerberos
(namely that provided by libkafs)
b. we can't use american kerberos distributions and then it's very
hard to test that everything works with them.  For this we rely on you
and other US-users to provide us with bug reports.  Thanks for
providing them.
c. we're lazy and it's not always clear when we can assume that some
function is part of all kerberos distributions.

/assar