PAM and arla

Tobias Schaefer tobias at pollux.science-computing.de
Mon Jul 19 17:58:44 CEST 1999

> > The code for Linux-AFS is
> > 	syscall(SYS_afs_syscall, AFSCALL_SETPAG())
> >
> > this code created no PAG for Linux 2.2 with arla/KTH-Kerberos.
> >
> > The following should be right:
> >
> > 	if (k_hasafs())
> > 		k_setpag();
>
> That should work exactly the same and when I try your two snippets of
> code on a machine running Linux 2.2.0 they actually both work exactly
> the same.  Under what circumstances is that not the case for you?

Hi Assar,

I've not experienced it myself but it has been reported to me for a dual
Pentium II with kernel 2.2.3 and SuSE 6.0 distribution. That was with
arla 0.22. I'm not quite sure about the version of KTH Kerberos. Most
likely 0.9.9.

The administrator of that machine even tried to get a PAG with the
pagsh-Program of Linux-AFS. (That is Derek Atkins' port of AFS 3.4 to
Linux 2.0.) No luck with that either. The token is always bound to the
user's UID.

Somewhat confused,
Tobias
--

  Tobias Schaefer				Phone	07071-9457-0
  science + computing gmbh			FAX	07071-9457-27
  D-72070 Tuebingen     Email: T.Schaefer at science-computing.de
        WWW:  http://www.science-computing.de/