Arla on ARM linux?

Magnus Ahltorp map at stacken.kth.se
Mon Jul 19 11:18:25 CEST 1999

> I have a bunch of armv4l Linux machines that I'd love to run Arla
> on. Has anyone done this? Am I likely to run into difficulties with
> LWP or some other part of Arla?

Yes, LWP will need to know how to do a context switch on that
processor. If you have pthreads support on that platform, you can
configure arla with pthreads by using the configure option
--with-pthreads=dir.

If you don't have pthreads, you must add support for your processor
type in lwp/process.S. This should not be very hard if you know how
the processor works.

Other parts of arla should work regardless of the processor type.

/Magnus