bug report

Vladimir Kondratiev "vladimir,kondratiev" at intel.com
Tue Jul 13 11:36:23 CEST 1999

Hello,

I use ARLA 0.25 on RH6.0 with kernel 2.2.10.
ARLA compiled with egcs 1.1.2
I used AFS utilities (klog, tokens etc.) from transark's distribution

I found the following bugs:

1) If I do 'klog' as user different from my login name, it works, I get
that user's permissions but 'tokens' displayed wrong ID. Sometimes I
also unable to operate with files on AFS. Example - in such
configuration I'm unable to work with CVS repository on AFS. If I do
'su' and 'klog' for the same user, CVS works.

2) Problem found with Visual Slick Edit (http://www.slickedit.com). I
tracked it down to their internal function 'absolute' that should return
absolute path by given relative path. With ARLA it returns just last
part of name, for example absolute("/afs/some/path") returns "path"
while should return full path. With MIT client for 2.0.36 and Transark's
client for 2.2.5 kernels it works well. I reported this problem to
SlickEdit team as well.

These 2 bugs are very annoying and almost prevent from use of ARLA as
AFS client, especially 2-nd one.

Regards,
Vladimir Kondratiev