Pb getwd on afs linux

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
Tue Jan 19 15:28:57 CET 1999

In message <199901190910.KAA05866 at dphdse.saclay.cea.fr>, Jean-Paul Le Fevre
wri
tes:
+-----
| I'm having problem with getcwd. I'm running Linux 2.1.105 and
| I've just installed arla 0.20.
| I've tried to add /lib/getcwd.so in /etc/ld.so.preload and
| what I got is a message saying that __getcwd can't be resolved
| when I try to run /bin/pwd. I've checked that it is present in my libc.so.6.
+--->8

You are running "older" Slackware or S.u.S.E., which has most of the system
based on libc.so.5.  I contributed the new getcwd.so to Arla, but we run all
libc6 in ECE and I didn't realize there was going to be a problem with libc5
until someone reported it.  :-(

I know what to do to getcwd.so to make it work but haven't had the time to
do it and test it.  In the meantime, download an older version of Arla and
substitute its xfs/linux/getcwd.c (perhaps this should be included in the
distribution until I get the libc5 issue sorted).

brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery at ece.cmu.edu
carnegie mellon / electrical and computer engineering			 KF8NH