Chown problem with arla

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
Sun Jan 10 21:30:11 CET 1999

In message <5llnjbufsy.fsf at assaris2.pdc.kth.se>, assar at stacken.kth.se writes:
+-----
| Jim Nance <jim_nance at yahoo.com> writes:
| > Has anyone else attempted to build large projects like
| > mozilla or X11R6 in an AFS file system?  I usually end
| > up with arla related problems when I try this but I
|
| Yes, we have found that running builds of large programs, especially
| with `make -j' is a good way of triggering bugs (not only our own).
+--->8

FWIW if I try to build GNOME on the unofficial Linux port of Transarc's AFS
I get severe disk corruption in the filesystem holding its cache, and if I
use memory cache instead I get severe corruption of the root file system.
(Another thing I need to report back to the maintainers....)  Trying it
under Arla is on my list of things to do someday when I have time.

brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery at ece.cmu.edu
carnegie mellon / electrical and computer engineering			 KF8NH