Chown problem with arla

assar@stacken.kth.se assar at stacken.kth.se
Sun Jan 10 19:45:01 CET 1999

Jim Nance <jim_nance at yahoo.com> writes:
> Has anyone else attempted to build large projects like
> mozilla or X11R6 in an AFS file system?  I usually end
> up with arla related problems when I try this but I
> never see anyone else complaining about it.  It makes
> me wonder if something is "special" about my setup.

Yes, we have found that running builds of large programs, especially
with `make -j' is a good way of triggering bugs (not only our own).
In the test-suite in `tests' there's a test that builds gdb and
another for emacs.  I have built XFree86 succesfully running linux
2.0.0-pre6 and the 1998-01-10 snapshot.  Other than that, building
arla repeatedly with `make -j' is a common test.

/assar