Minor problems with arla - SIG: sigpending lied

Neulinger, Nathan R. nneul at umr.edu
Tue Feb 2 21:47:52 CET 1999

I get a symptom (usually noticable when created a new cache, but I'm not
positive of that)
where I get a few (or LOTS, depending on what I am doing) of "SIG:
sigpending lied" messages from the kernel.

I almost always get ONE of them when starting arla (with or without a new
cache), but if I log into an AFS based account when I've gotten one of them,
I generally get hundreds. It sounds like they correspond with disk activity,
so I presume it is related to the cache.

I'm running 2.2.1 and 0.21, but I've gotten them with earlier versions of
arla and the kernel.

BTW, I'm working on a patch to add transarc style setgroups() behavior. Got
the core of it done, will send to list as soon as it is ready.

-- Nathan

Nathan Neulinger                       EMail:  nneul at umr.edu