pam_krb4 [Was: Re: Arla-0.27 and redhat-6.0]

Goswin Brederlow goswin.brederlow at student.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Dec 13 17:37:11 CET 1999

Love <lha at stacken.kth.se> writes:

> langenba at Informatik.Uni-Tuebingen.De (Kurt Langenbacher) writes:
>
> > Another question: how should I set the pam-conf Files
> > for login? Should I use the pam_krb4 lib from the krb4 package?
>
> Add the following two lines to you //etc/pam.d/ files that you need it for.
>
> auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_krb4.so
> session    sufficient   /lib/security/pam_krb4.so
>
> Session is need to get tokens.
>
> There is some version of kth-krb4 where pamkrb needs to be linked to
> libresolv.
>
> Love

How do I get pam_krb4 to work? And how can I get more info what fails?

I have the following in /etc/pam.d/login:

auth       required pam_krb4.so try_first_pass ignore_root
session    required pam_krb4.so try_first_pass ignore_root

With that logins allways fail for no reason.
If I set the pam_krb4 to sufficient I will get asked for a password
twice (once for pam_krb4 and once for pam_unix) and then pam_unix will
let me in I think.

Anyway whatever I set I never get a token, even when I can log in.

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin