Milko problem in arla28 and arla-29pre9

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Mon Dec 13 02:45:51 CET 1999

Nickolai Zeldovich <kolya at zepa.net> writes:

> On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, Fabrizio Manfredi wrote:
>
> > Starting program: /src/arla-0.29/milko/vldb/vldbserver
> > vldbserver: failed open (/opt/security/arla//etc/vl_database): No such
> > file or directory
>
> I remember that automatic creation used to work in 0.26, but from looking
> at the most recent source, it seems like you need to pass it the -create
> flag to first create the database, and then run it without any flags after
> that.

Yea, that's right. Forgot that I added that option. It's part of the
boot-strap-my-cell-in-one-schellscript (that isn't quite ready yet).

Fabrizio Manfred told me in a private letter that is worked for him with
-create.

BTW if you use milko please notice that many file-formats will change in
releases after 0.29.