Arla-0.27 and redhat-6.0

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Sat Dec 4 00:52:38 CET 1999

Robert Watson <robert at cyrus.watson.org> writes:

> AFSDB is rapidly making its way to the "OBSOLETED" pile :-).  However,
> there is a replacement SRV record that could be used--I'm planning on
> writing up a draft on using it with Coda, and presumably AFS would be a
> good choice of victims also.  There has already been fairly extensive
> discussion of Kerberos using SRV on the namedroppers list--have you been
> following that?

AFSDB is making its way to "OBSOLETED" pile since none except arla uses it
(transarc that created it doesn't even use it). The SRV equivalent will go
the same way if transarc never picks it up. Sad, but that how I think of
it. If its hard to make transarc fix bugs, how much harder will it be to
make them add new features ?

Coda could use AFSDB RR too, just with priority set to 3 or something that
strange).

Both heimdal and kth-krb supports srv RR's.