What is needed to run Arla under FreeBSD 3.1?

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Fri Apr 9 12:34:01 CEST 1999

Randy Philipp <randy at umbc.edu> writes:

> I thought this question might clear up some of the questions
> related to the latest release of Arla.  Some of my personal
> question related to this are:
>
> 	Can I use the libkafs that comes with FreeBSD 3.1?
> 	(you get this from rebuilding from source with
> 	MAKE_KERBEROS4= yes or installing the kerberos distribution)

What RCS Id does afssysdefs.h have ? (FreeBSD was added in 1.18
(1998/01/06)) or is FreeBSD added there ? It should look like something
below:

#if defined(__FreeBSD__) || defined(__NetBSD__) || defined(__OpenBSD__)
#define AFS_SYSCALL 210
#endif

>       If you can do the above, where should you get the klog/tokens
>       programs from (aka, where is the source for these)?

We use kth-krb (ftp://ftp.pdc.kth.se/src/krb/), use an alpha release since
0.9.9 is quite broken is some respleces. Make use that you link to the
right version of libkafs is you starts to use krb-krb.

klog is is integrated in kauth and tokens is integrated in klist (klist -T).
You can also use afslog to get tokens for other cells.

> 	How would on intergrate arla into a Krb5/AFS environment?

I dunno. Guess it just should work. You need to link arla to a krb4,
and thare are those kerberos 5 to 4 compat libs that make if work.

Arla should work like a transarc klient.