Arla under FreeBSD 3.1-stable

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Fri Apr 9 11:22:53 CEST 1999

koziol at ncsa.uiuc.edu writes:

>     I'm having problems after everything has started and looks ok.  As
> soon as I get an AFS token (with kinit), I cd into the /afs directory and
> the "ls" is what causes the machine to hang.  I'll give it a try with
> "--debug=all" to see if I can get any more information and let you know.

I forgot you tell you to start arlad with -n (or --dont-fork), when
started w/o that flag, the logs are sent to syslog.

With the flag, the logs to to stderr.

Kinit doesn't give you afstokens (if freebsd hasn't changed it). kauth
should. or if you use kinit together with afslog. To check it you have
tokens use klist -T (might be a kth-krbism).