Installing Arla on FreeBSD 2.2.6

Love lha at e.kth.se
Wed Oct 21 07:23:30 CEST 1998

Prashant Chandra <prashant at cs.cmu.edu> writes:

>   I am new to Arla.  I got version 0.13 and was able to
> compile and install it without any problem on a
> FreeBSD 2.2.6 machine.  I ran the script startarla to
> modload the kernel module and start the arla daemon.
> However when I tried to ls /afs or my AFS directory
> in the CMU CS cell, the system went into a loop printing
> out the following messages on the console:

Do you have a runnin arlad ? Try running arlad by hand with
    /usr/arla/bin/arlad -z -n --debug=all,-cleaner
(don't use old cache, dont fork, output some error messages) and see if
that give you any clues what is wrong.

> XFS PANIC WARNING! xfs_message_installdata failed!
> Reason: lookup failed on cache file <filename>, error = 6
>
> Error 6 corresponds to "Device not configured". What have

You can also change the x to X in xfs/bsd/xfs_deb.c to
get more xfs debugging.

> I done wrong?  Also, the FreeBSD machine has kerberos.  How
> do I setup arla to use kerberos authentication?

If configure finds kerberos (that it should do), there is no configuration.
You can turn on encryption with `fs setcrypt on'.  Too push tokens to arla
use tramsarc's aklog or kth-krb <ftp://ftp.nada.kth.se/pub/krb/> afslog.