Installing Arla on FreeBSD 2.2.6

Prashant Chandra prashant at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Oct 21 06:26:38 CEST 1998

Hello!

  I am new to Arla.  I got version 0.13 and was able to
compile and install it without any problem on a
FreeBSD 2.2.6 machine.  I ran the script startarla to
modload the kernel module and start the arla daemon.
However when I tried to ls /afs or my AFS directory
in the CMU CS cell, the system went into a loop printing
out the following messages on the console:

XFS PANIC WARNING! xfs_message_installdata failed!
Reason: lookup failed on cache file <filename>, error = 6

Error 6 corresponds to "Device not configured".  What have
I done wrong?  Also, the FreeBSD machine has kerberos.  How
do I setup arla to use kerberos authentication?

I dont subscribe to this mailing list, so please reply to
prashant at cs.cmu.edu.

  Thanks.
    -prashant
e-mail: prashant at cs.cmu.edu