/usr/athena/include in arla 0.0

Gene Skonicki gene at cif.rochester.edu
Thu Mar 12 09:29:00 CET 1998

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998 09:00:57 +0100 (MET), Magnus Ahltorp wrote:

>Historically, arla has only worked with kth-krb, but MIT krb should work.
>OpenBSD uses kth-krb in -current, and older versions of OpenBSD isn't
>runnable without upgrading the kerberos stuff. I believe that is the case
>for solaris too.
This, I am aware of.  Nonetheless, wehne we get OpenBSD 2.3 out and I believe
FreeBSD 3.x (possibly releng_2_2 also?) has ample support in their kerberos.
The end result beign that there are some useful kerbs out ther that shoudl be
tried.

Quite frankly, /usr/athena is pretty non-standard.  CNS isntalled into a
different place I believe, and for the longest time, mit kerb (which I know
isn't usable) installed into /kerberos I believe.

>I guess that is why we trust in /usr/athena to work.

I'd say at least make it a bit more configurable.

Gene