First attempt with arla-0.6

A.J.Martin A.J.Martin at qmw.ac.uk
Tue Jun 2 19:29:52 CEST 1998

On 2 Jun 1998, Magnus Ahltorp wrote:

> > On a different subject, how is one supposed to obtain an afs token
> > using kth-krb4? If I do for example:
>
> The version of kth-krb that you have isn't arla-aware, but I think
> that the latest snapshot at ftp.pdc.kth.se has arla support. You can
> manually get yourself tokens by doing "afslog -c my.cell".
>
> /Magnus
> map at stacken.kth.se

OK, I upgraded from krb4-980514 to krb4-980602 but things seem pretty much
the same.

The afslog program always terminates after the k_hasafs call, looking
through the code this seems to never be true for Linux!

Strangely if I skip this I get

./afslog -c cern.ch

> afslog: Failed getting tokens for cell cern.ch in realm (local realm).

but klist now shows:

Ticket file:  /tmp/tkt0
Principal:  ajm at CERN.CH

  Issued           Expires          Principal
Jun  2 18:17:00  Jun  3 04:17:00  krbtgt.CERN.CH at CERN.CH
Jun  2 18:17:49  Jun  3 04:17:49  afs at CERN.CH

(the access doesn't work though)

cheers,
Alex Martin