permission denied

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Fri Jul 10 14:09:55 CEST 1998

wwshen at engin.umich.edu writes:

>    I loaded arla into the kernel, without Transarc AFS.  I typed demsg
> and get the following kernel messages:

Does it work without tramsarc afs ?

> Aperture driver for XFree86 version 1.6
> DDB symbols added: 48852 bytes
> done installing cdev !
> Char device number 30
> syscall 210
> DDB symbols added: 139068 bytes
>
>    So it seems like arla is using system call 210.  Does it conflict with
> Transarc AFS?

For NetBSD syscall 210 (the first lkm syscall) is used, xfs will take
the first free one.

What syscall does xfs report if you load tramsarc afs first ?
What will happen is you load xfs first and then afs.

Try to use tramsarc it will think
hummel:~/src/obj/arla/appl>./fs getcrypt
fs : Invalid argument; it is possible that [unknown path] is not in AFS.

while arlad/xfs say
natt:~$ fs getcrypt
not encrypted

>    You have mentioned about version of krb4-980701, but I am running
> krb4-0.9.9 (are they different??).  Is it possible for me to set up arla
> and krb4-0.9.9 to use different system call if they have conflict?

There are some small diffrences, the most importat for you is that is
that you can se the syscall w/o recompiling libkafs and all
programs that depend on it.

The file to change in kth-krb is lib/kafs/afssysdefs.h
Don't forget to recompile all programs link with libkafs.