permission denied

wwshen@engin.umich.edu wwshen at engin.umich.edu
Thu Jul 9 17:50:40 CEST 1998

On 9 Jul 1998, Assar Westerlund wrote:

> wwshen at engin.umich.edu writes:
> > I am running both Transarc AFS and arla.  (Transarc AFS is mounted on
> > /afs, and arla is mounted on /arla.)
>
> That's the problem.  That means that the Transarc client would be
> using the system call number 210 and arla some other system call.
> When running afslog och kauth it will give the token to the Transarc
> client and not to Arla.
>
> You need to figure out what system call arla is using (should be
> printed while loading the xfs module), and run krb4-980701 which
> includes support for specifying the system call number at run-time (by
> setting the environment variable AFS_SYSCALL to the number that arla
> said it was using).

   I loaded arla into the kernel, without Transarc AFS.  I typed demsg
and get the following kernel messages:

Aperture driver for XFree86 version 1.6
DDB symbols added: 48852 bytes
done installing cdev !
Char device number 30
syscall 210
DDB symbols added: 139068 bytes

   So it seems like arla is using system call 210.  Does it conflict with
Transarc AFS?
   You have mentioned about version of krb4-980701, but I am running
krb4-0.9.9 (are they different??).  Is it possible for me to set up arla
and krb4-0.9.9 to use different system call if they have conflict?

Thanks a lot.
wuwei