appl/arlalib.c's arlalib_get_cred() problems

John Hawkinson jhawk at bbnplanet.com
Fri Jul 3 02:30:36 CEST 1998

> > Can't there be a better way? Like looking it up in /etc/name_to_sysnum
> > dynamically? Sure, this is less efficient than hardcoding it, but
> > isn't it "the right solution"?
>
> Could you try the following patch?

Well, I learned the hard way not to try adding system calls greater
than 255 to /etc/name_to_sysnum. Renders the machine pretty-much
unbootable, unless you're willing to hack with kadb.

This seems to work fine, but rqeuires the user to set AFS_SYCALL
to "xfs" or "afs" as appropriate; seemingly it'd be better to just
default to one.

--jhawk