arla 0.20: getcwd & XFS panics

assar@stacken.kth.se assar at stacken.kth.se
Sat Dec 26 00:21:23 CET 1998

Max <maxk at chinook.stanford.edu> writes:
> I'm assuming the release message was only sent out to the mailing
> list.  IMHO, this information must be included in the INSTALL file,
> where the rest of the getcwd info is located!

Yes, I've added Magnus's warning message to the INSTALL file.

/assar

  If you already have a getcwd.so entry in /etc/ld.so.preload and
  decide to update to the new version of getcwd.so, please follow
  these steps:

  1. Rename /etc/ld.so.preload to /etc/ld.so.preload-not
  2. Reboot your machine
  3. Copy /usr/arla/lib/getcwd.so to /lib/getcwd.so
  4. Reboot your machine
  5. Rename /etc/ld.so.preload-not to /etc/ld.so.preload
  6. Reboot your machine

  If you use some other method of using getcwd.so, please update
  getcwd.so when no program is using it.

  This update is not critical for arla, and if you are unsure what this
  does and what implications this may have, please refrain from updating
  getcwd.so.