AFS or DFS (off topic - sorry)

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
Thu Dec 3 23:49:34 CET 1998

In message <01J4WRAGXSX2C7I9ML at nbivms.nbi.dk>, Bjorn.S.Nilsson at nbi.dk writes:
+-----
| Since Transarc (owned by IBM) is producing both the commercial AFS
| and DFS I think they will "decide" what the right choice is:-) Anyway,
+--->8

They decreed DFS.  Their AFS customers told them where they could stick it.
:-)  Hence the impending release of AFS 3.5.

IBM's systems group, BTW, announced earlier this year that they are no
longer going to support DFS as their enterprise file system.

brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery at ece.cmu.edu
carnegie mellon / electrical and computer engineering			 KF8NH
			  Kiss my bits, Billy-boy.