patch to fix symlink-related GPFs on Linux

Derrick J Brashear shadow at dementia.org
Thu Aug 13 04:47:19 CEST 1998

On 5 Aug 1998, Magnus Ahltorp wrote:

> This is "normal". This is due to the xfs_cache module (it keeps a
> reference count on all cached nodes). The unmounting sometimes works
> when killing arlad, but obviously it doesn't work for you. I'll maybe
> look into it some day, but I cannot say Linux 2.0 is very high on my
> priority list. You or someone also maybe wants to have a look at it?

I don't know how much of this you have poked at, nor will I promise to
track this to its conclusion, however it does annoy me so in a day or so I
will try to take a look further. I have a vague idea of what i think might
be happening, but instead of spending time on useful things like this I've
been working on "hardening" the sparclinux 2.0 kernel, and continuing
audio foo (sorry Assar:-)

-D