Slackathon 2009, OpenBSD-konferensen 15:e Augusti i Stockholm

Janne Johansson jj at it.su.se
Fri Jul 24 09:46:15 CEST 2009

För er som inte redan blivit spammade av mig redan så kommer en
återpostning av utskicket här.

(och jo, websiten är nere just för tillfället, den kommer strax upp igen
när vi fått kontroll över varför alla fläktar i den går på fullt efter
förra nödstoppet i maskinrummet då kylan tog slut i huset)

Quote:
Welcome to this years Slackathon!

It will be held August 15th, at the Stockholm University, though not in
the same conference room as the previous years, since it couldn't hold
all visitors anymore!

As previous years, the website is slowly getting into shape, and
probably wont hold the complete "truth" until afterwards, since we
update it as we get more correct info. Be sure to check the web more
frequently as we get closer to the event.

The url is http://www.slackathon.se:2009/

The description still points to the old location, but I'll spank some
sense into the web slaves so they make a better "how-to-get-here" that
actually shows you are going to "Hörsal B3" and not the old conference
room. We'll put some blowfishes up to point people that come from the
subway station in the right direction.

This year, there will be even more OpenBSD developers attending, since
the Slackathon 2009 is right after the f2k9 Filesystem Hackathon which I
am hosting at my work using a grant from the IIS foundation (the guys
and gals running the .SE top level domain)

Also note, that since there doesn't seem to be an OpenCon this year, the
Slackathon probably is the only major OpenBSD-only conference held, so
even if it collides with HAR2009 and the Stockholm "midnight run", you
don't want to miss it!

Get them begging skills warmed up and draw donations from friends,
employers, parents or other rich entities that you think should donate
to OpenBSD and OpenSSH! It would also be nice if you help spread the
word around on various forums and communities.

As with previous years there will be no entrance fee and dinner will be
served for free to everyone, but I'd still need you to pre-announce if
you want it so I can make the correct amount of food, and also if you
want the vegan version.

For all of you who don't live nearby, we can probably find you a couch
to sleep on here, just send a heads-up and we'll dig up a few
"volunteers" to share their living quarters with you.

Hope to see you all there!