getting nnpfs into the mainline kernel?

Bo Branten bosse at acc.umu.se
Wed May 11 12:26:55 CEST 2016

On Tue, 10 May 2016, Tomas Olsson wrote:

> Once upon a time we considered it. I think we figured that the
> pioctl wouldn't be accepted as implemented

Yes, I read about Red Hats kAFS project and they considered implementing
pioctl so that the user space tools from OpenAFS would work with kAFS
without recompile but they didn't manage to convince the core kernel
developers to put it in...

> we had resoures for. Maybe it would be good to use existing code
> in the kernel, such as FUSE or the caching infrastructure
> developed for kAFS.

I guess nnpfs is the same concept as FUSE but fast and lightweigt for a
speficic task, but Cache-FS sounds interesting we should investigate if
we can use that.

Bo Branten