Arla anoncvs broken?

Gabriel Kihlman gk at abc.se
Wed Apr 7 13:58:59 CEST 2010

Emmanuel Vadot <elbarto at arcadebsd.org> writes:

> On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 00:34:22 +0100 (BST)
> Robert Watson <rwatson at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>

>> Dear Arla folk:
>>
>> I'm having trouble checking out Arla from the anoncvs repository.  I followed
>> the directions here:
>>
>>    http://www.stacken.kth.se/project/arla/
>>
>> But when I try to actually do the checkout, a password is requested and
>> non-obvious:
>>
>>    robert at capsicum-afscoda:~/p4/user/rwatson/arla/userspace> cvs -d
>>      anoncvs at anoncvs.stacken.kth.se:/stacken-cvs checkout arla
>>    anoncvs at anoncvs.stacken.kth.se's password:
>>    anoncvs at anoncvs.stacken.kth.se's password: Permission denied, please try
>>    again.
>>    anoncvs at anoncvs.stacken.kth.se's password: Permission denied, please try
>>    again.
>>    Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).
>>    cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
>>    any)
>>
>> Any hints?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>  It's been a while (more than a year IIRC).
>  There cvs is on the stacken afs cell and it's dead too (not the cell,
>  but you can't enter the directory).

Not correct, I just checked out the source using the instructions on the
project page:

cvs -R -d /afs/stacken.kth.se/src/SourceRepository checkout arla

>  Arla seems a dead project ...

Not dead, maybe not very active.. they still accept and apply patches[1]

/gabriel

[1]
https://lists.stacken.kth.se/pipermail/arla-drinkers/2010-February/004324.html