arla-devel port for FreeBSD (was: Patches to get Arla running on FreeBSD 8-CURRENT)

Alec Kloss alec-keyword-freebsd.befd64 at SetFilePointer.com
Mon Mar 3 05:55:54 CET 2008

On 2008-03-02 18:07, Tomas Olsson wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-03-02 at 16:22 +0000, Robert Watson wrote:
> > This would seem to occur because the machine symlink isn't set up in time for
> > configure to use it:
> [...]
> > How should we be setting up configure's kernel build environment?
> Perhaps it should be done in the FreeBSD section of configure.in, we
> seem to do similar things for NetBSD. Search for "ugly".

This would certainly fix it.  I'd feel better having a FreeBSD
prep-kernel-headers target we'd run at this point instead of
just making the symlink though.  In general, it seems like it's
better to do this sort of thing down in the cf macros rather than
the configure.in, I guess just because doing it in configure.in
makes it very FreeBSD specific, where a cf/ file has some chance of
running correctly elsewhere.  Tomas, you've got the commit bit, and
I doubt a prep-kernel-headers target is likely to come out of
FreeBSD in the next week (and it won't be there for 6.x even if it
did), so I guess I'll find you what you did the next time I cvs up
the arla sources.

Alec Kloss  alec at SetFilePointer.com   IM: angryspamhater at yahoo.com
PGP key at http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA241980E
"No Bunny!" -- Simon, from Frisky Dingo