towards getting netbsd 4 supported as well as 3 is

Jonathan A. Kollasch jakllsch at kollasch.net
Thu May 31 16:54:30 CEST 2007

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 12:40:40PM +0200, Tomas Olsson wrote:
> "Jonathan A. Kollasch" <jakllsch at kollasch.net> writes:
> > However, PAGs will not work at this point.  Converting to kauth(9) calls
> > looks very doable with some work and thought.  I might start looking
> > at this.
> >
> That would be great.  Let us know if you figure anything out.

Well, I have code that works for NetBSD kauth(9), however,
my brief test of the code on a Mac OS 10.4 box proved to
be a miserable failure. I happened to use functions that
are apparently a superset of Apple kauth.

What I'm stalled on now is how to use CPP or autotools to allow
this one codebase to compile/run on all platforms this
code is for.

Here's a patch with what I have ...
It's got inconsistent #ifdef-ery, misses some trivial
stuff, may break, may explode when exposed to water,
or even anger the Flying Spaghetti Monster, etc
... but here it is:

http://user.kollasch.net/jakllsch/stuff/arla/arla-nbsd-kauth-pag.diff

	Jonathan Kollasch