arla-0.90 on linux-2.6.19 (debian)

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Tue Jun 12 11:30:46 CEST 2007

Tomas Olsson <tol at it.su.se> writes:

> nisse at lysator.liu.se (Niels Möller) writes:
>>   maskros kernel: NNPFS PANIC WARNING! data_valid w/o tokens!
>>
>> and arlad is using 90% cpu. strace shows a loop
>>
> Doesn't sound good.  Any idea how to trigger this?
>
> Try running arlad with --tracefile=tracefile, the message trace is very
> helpful if it happens again.

Now I've observed the same (or at least a similar problem again).
arlad consuming lots of cpu, and stopping arla failed. Unlike the
previous time, I can't find any "NNPFS PANIC WARNING" messages, and
unfortunately I didn't try strace before rebooting.

But I did capture a message trace file of some 4 GB. What should I do
with that? It's a binary file, so I guess I need some special tool to
see what's happening.

Regards,
/Niels