kalog does not work in arla-0-44-branch (+workaround)

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Tue Jan 16 12:52:02 CET 2007

Harald Barth <haba at pdc.kth.se> writes:

>> I don't know what the "proper" fix is, but I guess it is simple for
>> someone familiar with the build system...
>
> The proper fix is probably to remove kaserver support entirely.

Why? The logic for setting HAVE_OPENSSL in the configure script is
just broken; it's the same problem I reported just a couple of days
ago. If you unbreak that, there's no problem.

I don't know if kaserver is somehow religiously incorrect, but it
seems the sysadms at md.kth.se use it. Without kaserver support, arla
would be pretty useless for those of us who have our home directory on
the md servers. (I maybe one of the few user's who even try arla, I
think our sysadms recommend openafs, and if I have understood the
setup correctly, most of the users run the openafs windows client).

Regards,
/Niels