UFS2 with SAN

Kostik Belousov kostikbel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 05:47:07 CET 2007

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 11:39:02PM +0100, Tomas Olsson wrote:
> "Rick C. Petty" <rick-arla at kiwi-computer.com> writes:
> > the Arla client seems to behave just fine on DragonFly, Mac OS X, and all
> > other BSDs.  In FreeBSD, it's a wash.
> >
> DragonFly support is most likely fading away, AFAIK nobody's testing
> it. arla-0.43 (and arla-0-44-branch) should work on FreeBSD 5, let us know
> if there are any issues with that.
>
> As for arla post the blockcache rewrite, I now have OpenBSD going through
> the basic tests (fails on heavier tests).  If there's anyone with good
> knowledge of FreeBSD's vfs who's willing to help me out a bit I think we
> could have 6.2 support done in a week or so.  If all is well, that is :)
>
> Last time I tried on 5.5 it kept crashing on me in the turnstile walk.
>
> I'm already funded and can work full time on this, but a FreeBSD hacker
> would help a lot.  Any volunteers?

Sorry for me pointing out obvious, why not continue to use fs@ as place
where to ask ? This would be better then having private communication
with some developer for at least two reasons:
- fs@ has bigger audience
- answers would be archived and available for further reference by other
  interested parties.

I suggest to go this way.