UFS2 with SAN

Christopher Arnold chris at arnold.se
Wed Feb 14 17:42:12 CET 2007

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Rick C. Petty wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 07:32:54PM +0100, Christopher Arnold wrote:
>>
>> Is there anyone who has looked into using AFS as a distributed filestore
>> on FreeBSD.
>
> Yes, plenty of people.  A few of us have even tried to get arla working in
> 6.x (stacken.kth.se), but I never had time to complete the project.  Too
> many VFS changes broke this.

Yes i know, im from .se after all...

Im really interested in getting arla and/or openafs working on the
FreeBSD's after the VFS overhaul. Do you have an stimate on how much
effort is needed?

Even thou i don't have a huge budget i'm villing to put some dollars into
making that happen so i could make a proper evaluation in using AFS as a
backend for web and ftp servers. Ill start with 1000 USD, anyone
else who would like to contribute?

>> Yes im aware of issues running AFS on 6.x but i belive there exists an
>> existing implementation under 5.x. And if enough people need it i guess we
>> could make shure it runs ok under 6.x to.
>
> Arla works okay under 5.x, but there are a number of bugs.

Last time i tried related to load so i couldn't actually continue my
efforts. Thats a shame. But i would love to overcome those hurdles and do
some serious testing.

 	/Chris

--

www.infotropic.com