Arla auth problems on mac os 10.4

Tomas Olsson tol at stacken.kth.se
Wed Aug 22 12:18:28 CEST 2007

"Jonathan Beckman" <beckman at spotify.com> writes:
> I'm trying to use arla 0.90 against an openafs server, if I use the openafs
> client it works fine but when I try with arla it will connect fine but it
> not authing properly as an user. How can I debug this? The only way (I can
> see) is putting a sniffer there and hope and pray to god that I can see
> useful data, which I doubt I will.

I would start by playing with the provided binaries (in /usr/arla/bin
IIRC), like kinit, klist -v, tokens, afslog.  I'm not sure what happens if
Arla and OpenAFS are active at the same time.  Is anything logged
(System.log maybe)?

tcpdump, WireShark etc are helpful sometimes, mostly for overview.
Actually, one can see a fair amount of info.  For the details I tend to end
up using source (heimdal's afslog libraries?) and gdb :)

/t