Arla on FreeBSD 5.5

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Mon Sep 18 19:00:55 CEST 2006

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 11:25:51AM +0200, Harald Barth wrote:

> > > #  ===> arla-0.40 is marked as broken: "compiles but overwrites files
> > > #  from a dependancy (security/heimdal)".
> > >
> > Recent arla-releases should work with FreeBSD 5.5, but 0.40 isn't exactly
> > the latest.
>
> As the current arla release (0.43) works this is more of a question to
> the packager than to the arla team.
>
> > I'm not very representative; I just grab the arla and heimdal sources and
> > compile and install them. The default paths are different from the
> > ports/packages and don't conflict at all :)

I finally did just that although I installed Heimdal from the ports
and then grabbed the latest Arla (0.43) from the site and it built
and installed with only a whine or two, but nothing that stopped it.
It seems to be a working client now, on FreeBSD 5.5.

I hope it gets fixed for FreeBSD 6.xx soon, though.

The maintainer is listed as:  tarc at tarc.po.cs.msu.su
who is not someone I know.

////jerry