Antwort: Re: Problem with file creation on openafs-1.4.1

Michael Milligan milli at acmeps.com
Wed Nov 29 00:15:18 CET 2006

Harald Barth wrote:
> And I think this should go to the list, too...
> Please CC the list...
>

>>2006-11-15 11:35:57 - Running write1
>>Test write1 FAILED
>>2006-11-15 11:35:57 - Running write2
>>Test write2 FAILED
>

> Strange. Yes, definitely broken. Test write1 does
> echo "hej" > foo and then compares `cat foo` with "hej".
> Not very complicated.
>

>>>Output of fs arladebug almost-all?
>>>Output of fs nnpfsdebug almost-all?
>

> Thanks, could not find any message from arlad in there, only nnpfs
> messages from the kernel. Please try again to get some arlad debug
> messages.
>
> On what filesystem type is your cache?
>

>>Validated on 2.6.15 and 2.6.17
>

> I have seen Arla work on Ubuntu some kind of "Drapper" kernel
> which is called "2.6.12-10-686".

I've had arlad/nnpfs versions 0.41/0.42/0.43 working fine on 5.10
("Breezy Badger"), 6.06 ("Dapper Drake") and now the 6.10 ("Edgy Eft")
release of Ubuntu.  I'm guessing these problems stem from the 2.6.X
kernel revs where structures changed in the kernel and had to be
patched... which I've reported here in the past.

Also, LTS = Long Term Support.  The 6.06 ("Dapper") release of Ubuntu
carries 3 years of extended support.  Ubuntu releases happen every 6
months and normally get 18 months of support.

Regards,
Mike

Michael Milligan                                   -> milli at acmeps.com
Acme Professional Services LLC                        970-581-9948