arla-block-TR1 compilation problem

Tomas Olsson tol at it.su.se
Thu Nov 16 14:54:39 CET 2006

Anders Selander <selander at pdc.kth.se> writes:
> I already have the normal arla working (see
> http://www.manja.se/selander/ubuntu_t22/#arla)

Did you look at http://jdurand.home.cern.ch/jdurand/arla/ ? Also, there's a
--without-x configure flag if you don't want to bother with Xaw. Patches
are of course welcome :)

> think that arla-on-blocks will have something to offer when one saves an
> email in an already very huge folder stored in afs. ;-)

Hmm, I'm not so sure about that one. Most of the fixes for that are still
on the TODO list. But maybe you'll see some improvement anyway.

> The "tar: Cowardly refusing to create an empty archive" I can
> get rid of by changing Kconfig to kconfig in the nnpfs/linux
> Makefile. Why there is no Kconfig but kconfig directories in my
> distribution is beyond me.

We started doing the tar thing to be sure the kbuild process didn't change
anything in the kernel tree, maybe it's not really necessary? Any thoughts?

And with the distros starting to merge features wildly between kernel
versions, it would probably be nice if we had a way of doing configure
tests on kernel features.

>   arla-block-TR1/nnpfs/linux/nnpfs/nnpfs_locl.h:163: warning: "struct
>   nnpfs_cache_handle" declared inside parameter list

Moved from one file into nnpfs/linux/nnpfs/nnpfs_blocks_locl.h, only I
forgot to add that one before TR1. Mea culpa.

> I am especially intriqued over the nnpfs_message_wakeup_data struct,
> which a recursive grep only indicates being defined in ./doc/nnpfs.txt.

That reference should be removed as well, the struct is gone (at least on
linux and bsd).

thanks
        /t