arla fails on NetBSD/sparc64

Tomas Olsson tol at stacken.kth.se
Wed May 17 22:08:21 CEST 2006

david l goodrich <dlg at dorkzilla.org> writes:
> > My guess is that your dns servers don't publish any AFSDB records or are
> > firewalled or smth.  Could you verify that everything is ok?
>
> your guess is incorrect.  both hosts can correctly resolve the
> AFSDB records.  the primary dns server is on the same subnet as
> these two hosts, and the dns server is not firewalled.

Ok, sorry about that.  The records aren't visible from here for some
reason, and on my netbsd host arla works well with an empty CellServDB.

Arla does do some trickery. There are resolvers out there that need to read
resolv.conf at runtime, so startarla copies it into the cache dir before we
chroot.  There are probably a fair number of cases where that's not enough.

Any ideas?

/t