Fwd: arla-0.41 and support for Tiger

Tomas Olsson tol at stacken.kth.se
Fri Jan 6 12:11:08 CET 2006

Massimo Marino writes:
> > I have installed that new version of Arla that seems to mount /afs
> > from the command line, but I see no AFS disk mounted on the Finder.
> > When I try and get a token, it tells me:
> > Unable to authenticate to AFS because AFS kernel pioctl doesn't exist.

The mounting part is fixed in current sources, but there has been no
release since 0.41. It's not hard to build from cvs, but there are a few
steps to set up the environment. Just ask, and I'll give you the steps. It
really would be nice to have friends in CERN who know how to do it.

Oh, and I think Finder notices /afs if you restart it or log in again.

As for the tokens, the pioctl interface changed in Tiger. I think you
should be ok if you use the tools in /usr/arla/bin, there's an afs aware
heimdal with kinit/klist/..., arla tools, plus the old mac GUI things
(the Afslog app etc). Unfortunately, the kalog in 0.41 is broken. Also
fixed in CVS, see
https://lists.stacken.kth.se/pipermail/arla-drinkers/2005-December/003716.html
for a possible workaround.

/t (adding some Cc/Bcc)