multiple mounts into afs & chrooted apache

Tomas Olsson tol at stacken.kth.se
Mon Feb 20 10:01:33 CET 2006

scorch <scorch at muse.net.nz> writes:
> 12 Jan 17 23:22 afs -> /var/www/afs/
>
> which seems to work fine, but can't be extended further - e.g. into other
> chrooted environments.

nnpfs (previously "xfs") keeps a pointer to its mount point and uses it for
various things. Since there is only one such pointer, we only allow one
mount per device. I don't know if this is strictly necessary, feel free to
experiment.

A possible workaround could be to have a small, normal fs partition where
you mount xfs/nnpfs, and then this wrapper filesystem could be mounted as
many times as you like, in different places. Not exactly beautiful, but
hey, it may actually work :)

Let us know how things work out.

HTH
        /t