arla on OS X 10.4

Harald Barth haba at pdc.kth.se
Fri Feb 10 10:18:47 CET 2006

> > The OSX shipped and the heimdal use different ticket caches.
> > Heimdal can not use API: style cache.
>
> As of later 0.6.x yes it can.  You need
>
> [libdefaults]
>          default_cc_name = API:
>
> in your config file.

Then I guess Henry's recipy works in the version of Heimdal shipped in
the OSX package (arla 0.41) and I was wrong. I was thinking: Why then
not make API: default on OSX? Then I found in Heimdal ChangeLog:

2005-12-13  Love Hörnquist Åstrand <lha at it.su.se>

        * lib/krb5/cache.c (krb5_cc_set_default_name): use
        KRB5_DEFAULT_CCNAME.
        * lib/krb5/krb5_locl.h: Add KRB5_DEFAULT_CCNAME, pointer to
        default credential cache.

lib/krb5/krb5_locl.h:

#ifndef KRB5_DEFAULT_CCNAME
#ifdef __APPLE__
#define KRB5_DEFAULT_CCNAME "API:"
#else
#define KRB5_DEFAULT_CCNAME "FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_%{uid}"
#endif
#endif

So this was fixed by Love and is probably in 0.7.2.

> > So compare the answers from OSX klist and /usr/arla/bin/kinit.

I wanted to say
So compare the answers from OSX klist and /usr/arla/bin/klist.
                                                       ^^^^^^^
Harald.