Continued FreeBSD 4.x support?

Tomas Olsson tol at stacken.kth.se
Thu Feb 2 23:18:27 CET 2006

Paul Summers <simba at lionking.org> writes:
> I'm curious to know if the 4.x tree of FreeBSD is going to continue to be
> supported by arla. I'm presently running an old release successfully
> (0.38), however, I'm unable to get 0.39 thru 0.41 to build for various
> reasons.

Obviously, we haven't done any testing on 4.x for some time. I don't expect
we'll do it for future releases either.

In general we don't knowingly remove support for old OS:es unless we end up
with too complicated code, but the main idea is to focus on recent
releases. And as you say, older arla tends to compile on older OS:es.

As long it doesn't get burdensome or the code ugly, patches are welcome.

/t