Arla 0.42-RC2

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz at cmu.edu
Tue Apr 4 18:28:12 CEST 2006

On Tuesday, April 04, 2006 04:28:50 PM +0200 Tomas Olsson
<tol at stacken.kth.se> wrote:

> I don't know. The rationale would be that nnpfs depends on its daemon like
> an ordinary fs depends on its disk. Any ideas?

Then it should return ENXIO ("no such device or address"), not ENODEV ("no
such device").  The distinction is subtle, but

- ENODEV means "there is no driver to handle that device node"
- ENXIO means "the driver exists, but the device does not"
- EIO means "the device exists, but we had trouble using it"

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <jhutz+ at cmu.edu>
   Sr. Research Systems Programmer