Arla 0.42-RC2

Tomas Olsson tol at stacken.kth.se
Tue Apr 4 16:28:50 CEST 2006

> > Ok, so what happened was that arlad for some reason died before mount,
> > which triggered the oops. You probably want to start arlad with
> > "-n --debug=alm" or so to see what happens, or under gdb.
>
> arlad -n --debug=alm produces the following output:

Looks good, up until
>   2006-04-04 15:04:49 CEST: arla: Rec message: opcode = 1 (wakeup), size = 24
>   libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work
>
> (I configured arla with --with-pthreads). I do have a file
> /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 installed, so this error message seems strange.

That message is probably from the pthreads implementation, so I guess we
have a linking problem. Things to try:

 * run with the same flags in gdb and see where it dies

 * ldd on arlad

 * cd arla-obj/arlad ; rm arlad ; make
   to see how it was built

 * read config.log to see what happened

>   ls: /afs: No such device
>
> Is there any more appropriate error code that could be returned?
> ENODEV made me suspect the nnpfs module, which at the moment seems to
> be innocent.

I don't know. The rationale would be that nnpfs depends on its daemon like
an ordinary fs depends on its disk. Any ideas?

/t