roken and heimdal dependencies

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz at cmu.edu
Sat Nov 19 00:52:57 CET 2005

On Tuesday, November 15, 2005 12:06:32 PM -0500 Garrett Wollman
<wollman at csail.mit.edu> wrote:

> - vos release

Unfortunately, the move and release operations are quite complex, and
most of the intelligence is in 'vos' rather than in the servers.
Personally, I'd very much prefer moving that functionality to a central
service, so that the clients would be as simple as those for, say, pts.
I remember talking about this at the very first hackathon back in 2001,
but has never risen high enough on anyone's priority list to gain any
attention.

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <jhutz+ at cmu.edu>
   Sr. Research Systems Programmer