running 0.36 on linux-2.6.10 (debian)

Harald Barth haba at pdc.kth.se
Wed Mar 23 08:56:36 CET 2005

> Unfortunately it is not that easy as the arla (and heimdal) packages in
> debian are linked against libroken from kth krb4. However arla does not
> build against that version of libroken anymore, so some work is needed
> to fix the packages to do the right thing.

> And, no, arla will probably not drop kerberos4 support until at least
> Sarge (the next debian version) is out.

In practice, Arla is today very utterly unsupported for anything else
than v5. And just ordinary unsupported for anything else than heimdal.

There is probably some combination of a kth-krb (v4) snapshot and
heimdal (v5) that will get you a working arla, but don't do that.

You are still using an outdated version of the protocol? Sorry, can't
help you then.

Harald.

PS: I admit I still use v4. For zephyrgrams only. You may insert
    zephyrgrams into my conversation if you find that amusing ;-)