problems using afsfsperf to measure AFS performance to remotecells

Mike 'Mike' Jones mike.jones at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Mar 10 23:29:23 CET 2005

Hi Harald,

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to delve this deeply into this until
after I've submitted my PhD thesis (the main motivation for performance
tests) which is now more or less imminent!  However, I'll be interested to
pick this up again, possibly mid-April.

One thing I can say is that all the AFS servers I have been using are the
older kerb4 type.  I can get my afs tokens (except at rl.ac.uk,not sure
why but I can use openafs klog or gssklog) using kth's kinit and afslog
without any help from heimdal, and then ARLA works fine, it's just the
afsfsperf that seems to fails.

As I say, I'll pick this up after I've submitted!  And many thanks for the
advice.

Cheers,
Mike

--