Can't compile 0.40 kernel modules on linux 2.6.8.

Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs delgado at dfn-cert.de
Fri Jul 22 15:45:06 CEST 2005

Hi!

I'm using a SuSE 9.1 with the kernel from a 9.2 here (which is a
2.6.8, mostly because of hardware issues) and trying to compile the
nnpfs modules fails, because it tries to include kafs.h (in
nnpfs_syscalls.c) and fails.

kafs.h is installed in /usr/include/heimdal, which
/usr/bin/krb5-config faithfully reports, but of course forcing the
build to use this file fails because the symbols in afs-pioctl.h are
not found. I don't see an obvious way to fix this (but of course I'm
not familiar with the arla sources).

Any questions?

Kind regards
     Friedel
--
Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs (IT-Services), DFN-CERT Services GmbH
https://www.dfn-cert.de/, +49 40 808077-555 (Hotline)