arla on dual amd 64-bit

Rasmus Kaj kaj at kth.se
Wed Aug 10 19:29:53 CEST 2005

>>>>> "GW" == Garrett Wollman <wollman at csail.mit.edu> writes:

With some help from Love I've arranged for the auto-tools make stuff
to call a freebsd makefile that includes <bsd.kmod.mk>, similar to the
one you submitted.  It's comitted to current in the arla repo.

 GW> There needs to be some configure infrastructure to set KERNBUILDDIR to
 GW> an appropriate place, if the user is not using the GENERIC kernel.
 GW> ("--with-freebsd-kernel-build-dir=/foo"?)

I don't think it matters which kernel the user uses, as long as there
is a bsd.kmod.mk where make can find it.  If the make include files
are located in some strange place (other than /usr/share/mk), I don't
know if there's a way to find them.  But then, that would probably be
considered broken for a FreeBSD installation(?).

And it's FreeBSD only, since NetBSD has a <bsd.somethingelse.mk>
instead of kmod (I don't know about Dragonfly, but the "generic BSD"
way of building should continue to work there if it worked before
these changes).  On the other hand, the NetBSD configure code had a
way to get some flags out of that include file and use them while
building the kernel module.

--
Rasmus Kaj --+-- rasmus at kaj.se --+-- http://www.stacken.kth.se/~kaj/
Which is worse: ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?