AFS cache

Harald Barth haba at pdc.kth.se
Tue Sep 7 09:44:35 CEST 2004

> usually emacs. I checked that when that happens, even quitting emacs
> and reopening the file soon after the file is not updated unless I quit
> Arla and start it again.

Strange. Because:

* In the test we did it was updated after closing all handles and I
  might understand why holding the file open does prevent a cache
  update. Maybe some other application keeping the file open?

* My emacs does not hold the files I edit open (it does hold
  stuff like libs /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6.2 for example)
  and I use to have 20+ buffers in my emacs.

Harald.